Sunday, October 9, 2011

No Strings by Mayer Hawthorne


This guy definitely has an interesting sound. I was expecting his voice to be higher pitched, idk...I was surprised. It wasn't necessarily a good or bad surprise just...interesting. 
Mayer Hawthorne originally started recording as a side project, not intending for his singles to actually be made into an album. Stone Cold Records however, saw the potential and decided it be best to actually try to make a star/profit out of this guy. His music is very old school R&B, it was definitely nice to hear this over some auto-tuned wanna be singer. The lyrics of the song are debatable, talking about just wanting a one night stand with some random girl he makes eye contact with. To be completely honest, his whole image reminds me of Justin Timberlake...but with a deeper voice. 

p.s. He's never had vocal lessons...curse you MH!

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard about this guy but i like the way he sounds. I don't know why but for some strange reason his voice reminds me of Pharrell's. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete