Sunday, October 2, 2011

Let's Go by Madi Diaz

iTunes has done well this week in it's music selection. At least, they've fit more of my personal music taste. This music video has a very indie vibe to it: the use of (what looks like) a 16mm film camera, a sense of ambiguity, and a very simple story plot. Diaz' video is based on a summer day (yet another reminder that my summer freedom is long gone) and spending it with her significant other. Images of pools, beaches, ice cream cones, lakes, etc all surface on the "homevideo" portion of this video. She makes these moments look very nostalgic, almost as if she is remembering that summer day while singing the song. The actual lyrics talk about going to that special place they both know about, which makes sense/ties in to the video. All in all it was cute; I approve.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this song as well. The video is very fitting to the lyrics, and it brings me back to a summer day. I also like Diaz's voice and her indie sound. Overall, this song makes me feel good and reminds me of summer and having fun with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, I'm loving this. She kinda reminds me of an artist like Colbie Calliat. I'll have to keep up to date with what's she's doing.

    ReplyDelete