Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's Real by the Real Estate

Wow. I just need to start off by saying they could have come up with a better name for the song...put next to their band name it sounds ultra cheesy. But seeing as I have to judge this by the music and not it's   ridiculous plots at incorporating the band name in their 1st single from their album Days I am much obliged to say I actually enjoyed the song. 

The Real Estate is an indie lo-fi psychedelic band from New Jersey who are most known for their performance at the Pitchfork Music Festival this past July. Their single "It's Real" incorporates their psychedelic feel through their vocals while maintaining a bit of an upbeat through their instrumentals. Lyrically, there is not much to the song but isn't that kind of what their going for with their genre? 

If you remember at all from one of my previous posts how I've said I like really slow, relaxing, almost puts you to sleep music you'd understand why I enjoyed listening to this over and over again. Psychedelia definitely has that vibe to it so I'm down to listen whenever I can. Anyway, this song rocks...download it for free before everyone else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment