Sunday, November 13, 2011

For the One by Waters

Hands down, weirdest fucking music video i've seen for any of the Singles of the Week on iTunes. This doesn't mean I didn't like it, quite on the contrary-I thought the plot ("what happens when you place your dream catcher on the wrong way") was unique and I somewhat enjoyed it in a "Keep Austin Weird" sort of way. Also, this informs all the hipsters what NOT to do with their dreamcatchers.
Waters is a one man band run by Van Pierszalowski from Norway. He was previously in a completely different genre with the band Port O'Brien who did more of an acoustic/folk sounding indie. In this album (which was recorded in Dallas...sweet!) Pierzalowski looks to have a completely new beginning thus creating an interesting genre which I can only describe as grunge meets lead singer of Vampire Weekend.
As for the actual song...it's growing on me. It's not terrible, I'll probably end up jamming to it later this week. Who knows? 
I'll definitely be watching that music video again though. I appreciate creativity and unique story lines in music videos (I know I've already said this numerous times in previous posts...but really. I love me a good story plot). 
In the end, this song is pretty cool. Fuck, I'm allowed to like what I like...so there.

No comments:

Post a Comment