Saturday, September 17, 2011

You Could Be My Girl by Shwayze & Cisco



Let me start off by saying this is definitely more of my forte. If you thought I was a bit of a music snob (doubt it!), prepare yourself because film snobs don't play. By watching this I was automatically reminded of summer and the days of relaxation that have unfortunately long passed. Though the story was weak and overdone, I was very happy with the fact that the duo actually had a story in the video instead of just lip-syncing to the camera. The video starts off at the beach where Shwayze & Cisco hand out flyers to their show. Note: they only hand them out to the plethora of attractive half-naked women. The story then ends with the show they put on that night. Simple story, not really a complete 3 act structure, but it's a story nonetheless. The duo, as well as the song reminded me of the bromance Travy McCoy and Bruno Mars had in "Billionaire". Same setting, similar looking people, both supported by vevo on youtube. If that doesn't explain the song enough for you, I'm not sure what will. This is definitely not Ok Go material, but hey, it's free so the ball is in your court.

2 comments:

  1. I mean who doesn't love free music?? Haven't heard about cisco since the "thong song", and I'm not going to lie I kinda missed him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool video. Clever blog name and yes this song did remind me of a high school summer. The set-up of your blog is simple and easy to read and understand. Im a fan. And once again interesting song i shall now listen to this randomly on youtube haha

    ReplyDelete